Sunday, January 16, 2011

La Bella Vita

Beacon Hill is known for its upscale restaurants such as Toscano and Beacon Hill Bistro, but I've found its less pricey cafes are just as lovely for a nice meal. Most recently I went to Bella Vita, which advertises its Italian gelato but this time of year with Boston blanketed in snow I wanted exactly the opposite: a mug of steaming hot chocolate. (Has a culinary obsession formed? Perhaps, but I make no apologies for this brewing love.) So after my excellent hot chocolate discovery in New York I decided to see what Boston has to offer, and Bella Vita certainly delivered: less than $5 for a massive mug of chocolate covered in frothy cream and sprinkled with cocoa, so good it warms you to the toes:


Combined with Bella Vita's cozy chic decor, a nice selection of hot soups to choose from, including the classic New England clam chowder, chili, and veggie minestrone, the coffees and dessert counter just bring it all together for the perfect lunch place or coffee date.

Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment