Saturday, July 10, 2010

Vegan Choices at Breakfast

Lately I've been trying different dairy-free products to determine my preferences, and so far am happy to report that I've found some good ones. Here are my latest recommendations:

Yogurt: So Delicious brand outshines the other dairy-free alternatives by far. A cultured soy yogurt, So Delicious is agave sweetened so it's got a very sweet flavor and rich and creamy texture. I like the vanilla flavor. I've also tried Whole Soy and Co., which I prefer less, as it has a thicker texture and more overwhelming tang flavor - though I'll note I tried the plain flavor with the aim of mixing in vegan ice cream and baking in mind, so other flavors may be better.
Milk alternatives: Almond Breeze brand almond milk is my pick of the lot, better than Silk Pure Almond. When choosing between soy milk I go for Silk Light.
*Note that many powder non-dairy creamers actually contain lactose, so read the label before pouring that in your coffee! I myself am a sucker for the International Delight French Vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment