Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Superbowl Snacks

A couple of my favorite Superbowl Sunday snacks:


Chili cheese fries: using homemade baked sweet potato fries for more fiber and nutrients, and my Dad's classic chili recipe - okay with a few of my touches. I can't help but experiment.

Spinach and artichoke dip: when made fresh and baked until warm and bubbly in the oven, this vegetarian-friendly dip is easily as delicious as the various meat dishes (and I appreciate good hot wings.) Serve with veggies and pita chips.

Pigs in blankets: for a kid-friendly item, nothing beats the simple Crescent roll-hot dog-cheddar cheese combination. They're quick and easy - it takes about a minute to assemble a tray - and let's be honest, whether serving to five- or twenty-five-year olds, they get demolished.

No comments:

Post a Comment