Monday, March 14, 2011

Pie Day

In honor of Pi Day, 3/14, here are my all-time favorite pies for every season:

Spring: Key lime pie or lemon meringue pie - tart and fruity, these pies are the light sweet treats that I want this time of year.
Summer: tie between fresh strawberry rhubarb pie (I made this for the first time with the fresh produce from my friend's Maine farm last summer and it was incredibly good) and "mudslide pie" - coffee ice cream pie in a chocolate cookie crust, perfect for cooling you down in warm summer months.
Fall: pecan pie, followed by my recent experiment pumpkin chiffon pie (the fluffy take on the traditional Thanksgiving favorite) - using my mother's homemade pie crust recipe ALWAYS, never store-bought, thank you.
Winter: chocolate mousse pie. This has become a holiday favorite of my family's, garnished with fresh raspberries, and it may be the single best pie on the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment